Beautiful Bearwood

Photographer Simon Lea sent me these pictures of Warley Woods and Lightwoods Park taken over the last week. He really captures the shade and light in some wonderful pictures which show how beautiful our parks are. Thank you Simon.

12 Responses to Beautiful Bearwood

1. Wendy Banner says:

What absolutely wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing them.

2. linda cameron davies says:

lovely pictures of my old home Bearwood

3. Kath McArdle says:

Thank you for the pictures, it’s great having this beautiful place on our door step.

Spot on Kath. When you think of the number of people on social networks who just knock Bearwood, you wouldn’t think we had such lovely areas at the heart of our community.

4. Beautifull!! Can i print them?

I can’t see why not, as long as you’re not selling them. But I’ll ask, he might even sell you a print!

• keithbracey says:

Beautiful Bearwood near Birmingham……its NOT in the Black Country in my opinion as I grew up in Bearwood, the Birmingham side and had a Birmingham postcode B17 8HE and a Birmingham telephone number BEA 4465 later changed to 429 4465……and I went to school in Birmingham at George Dixon Junior and Infants schools, passed my 11+ and then went to George Dixon Grammar School in City Road, BIRMINGHAM…parts of Bearwood ARE in Smethwick as the boundary post at the bottom of Dorset Road/Sycamore Road at the bottom of Willow Avenue off Sandon Road, where we had the family home….the boundary was the brrok that ran at the back of the houses in Willow Avenue, between it and Merrivale Road off Bearwood Road in Smethwick…..!

• Simon Lea says:

Hi Antonios. Thanks for your comments. I sent you an email regarding your question! Thanks.

5. Simon Lea says:

Thank you to everyone for their very kind comments. I’ve lived in Bearwood for 14 years and I think it is a very special place with lots of opportunities to take beautiful photos. I spent quite a lot of time last year photographing the wildlife in Warley Woods and Thimblemill Pool – woodpeckers, foxes, dragonflies, buzzards and sparrowhawks etc. Wonderful open parkland, woods, diverse nature… what more could you ask for 3 miles from the England’s second city?!

• keithbracey says:

Absolutely Simon!….glad you like Bearwood…..I lived there for over 40 years of my life (I am a Black Country Exile now….residing in Oldbury…..but you are right it IS a marvellous place…..shhhhh! Don’t tell everyone…..Let’s keep Bearwood as our little secret!!!!

6. Christina Murray says:

Simon your photos are really beautiful. It seems we have a very talented neighbour!.

7. …just stunning Simon