Fresh fish…coming soon!

One thing a number of people highlighted in the consultation over building a BetterBearwood was the absence of a fresh fish shop. Whilst there are numerous places selling fish, it is generally in batter and accompanied by salt and vinegar, or from one of the mobile delivery vans.

Well, Richard Marshall, Chair of the Bearwood Traders isn’t just bemoaning the fact we don’t have a fresh fish supplier, he’s got together with a local trader and they are doing something about it, and next week we should be able to announce… fresh fish comes to Bearwood!

Watch this space…

7 Responses to Fresh fish…coming soon!

1. payton says:

what kind of fish?

2. PB says:

This would be a real boost to the local shops. We are lucky to have a local high street that has a number of butchers, bakers and fruit/veg shops, but having fresh fish would be great. Only thing better? If it took the place of ghastly TESCO!

• Stefan says:

Here here! I thought Bearwood had more guts but it almost rolled out the welcome mat for Tesco, not something anyone can be proud of.

3. Stefan says:

Excellent news!

4. keithbracey says:

Brilliant ‘Fishy’ Bearwood!

5. Feverfew says:

I think with the demise of Azzari Too, the fresh fish will have gone too. Unless I’m much mistaken, it was Barry who was providing the fish. There is a fish van, but I think his is frozen – correct me if I’m wrong.