Consultation event – not to be missed
The consultants, appointed to work with the Lightwoods Park Project Officer, the Friends of Lightwoods Park and the local community on developing the heritage lottery funded £3.7 million restoration project up to final submission to the lottery in February 2013, have booked their first public consultation meeting to discuss Lightwoods Park and House with the local community.
The consultant team, along with Cherie O’Sullivan, the project officer and Geoff Deakin, the community services operational manager will be running a drop in consultation session at:
Thimblemill Library on
Wednesday 9th May 2012
between 4.00pm and 7.00pm.
The purpose of this consultation event will be to:
- To raise awareness of the development stage works & restoration project.
- To raise awareness of the history and local heritage value of the park & house.
- To provide an opportunity for local people to gain more information about being involved in the project.
- To provide an opportunity for local people to comment and contribute to the prioritisation of uses of the house and the various landscape elements.
- To give people the opportunity to bring in historic images/evidence of the park and house and share memories of the park and house so as to help the team attain an archives file for the project.
Please come along to the public consultation event on Wednesday 9th May, 4.00 -7.00 pm at Thimblemill Library, and discuss your ideas/concepts for the house and park and please bring along any information you have regarding the history – postcards/photos etc – we are trying to gather as much evidence as possible (about railings, pathways, entrances, features etc) to ensure we do the park and house justice on the restoration project.
We will be promoting this consultation event at the May Day Festival in Lightwoods Park (7th May, 11.00am – 4.00pm) to attract as many people as possible to it – we need to reaffirm / prioritise your ideas for the park and house!
If you are unable to make it and would like to comment on the future of Lightwoods House and Park please drop me an email, or post a comment on the Lightwoods Park Blog
If you have any historic photos or documents you would like to send in please send them to: Cherie O’Sullivan at Sandwell Council House, Parks and Countryside, Freeth Street, Oldbury, West Midlands, B69 3DE, alternatively, you can post these items on History Pin by typing in the Lightwoods Park postcode (B67 5DP) and uploading your image on the park. The link for this website to enable you to do this is: http://www.historypin.com/
I do hope you are able to make it – please bring along with you any information you feel may be important to the restoration project including your ideas.